WINSday Sweepstakes Now Closed
Posted on April 3, 2017
The sweepstakes is now closed…
To play complete these 3 steps…
- Follow the Price is Right on twitter (@PriceIsRight)
- Post a tweet tagging the Price Is Right (@PriceIsRight)
- Be sure to include the following hashtag: #SociallyAwesomeTPIR
Read the official rules below:
THE PRICE IS RIGHT®
SOCIALLY AWESOME WEEK 2017
$1000 GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED, AFFILIATED WITH OR SPONSORED BY TWITTER.
- AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Eligibility: THE PRICE IS RIGHT® Socially Awesome 2017 $1000 Giveaway Sweepstakes which is where Sponsor shall conduct a sweepstakes drawing for the same number of winners as pricing games won during Episode #7893K of THE PRICE IS RIGHT (“Sweepstakes”). Sweepstakes is open only to permanent and lawful residents of the United States, excluding New York and Florida, but including Washington, D.C., who are 18 years or older (or age of majority in their home state) at the time of entry. The following individuals are NOT eligible to enter:
- Employees, officers, directors and agents of CBS Corporation, CBS Broadcasting Inc., The Price Is Right Productions, Inc., Fremantle Goodson, Inc., or Fremantle Media North America, Inc. (and any parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of any of the foregoing), and local and national sponsors of THE PRICE IS RIGHT and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, partners, parents, subsidiary, or affiliated companies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not); and
- Residents of New York or Florida.
The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Price is Right Productions, Inc., 2900 W. Alameda, 8th Floor, Burbank, CA 91505.
- Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes will be open during the following period:
Opens: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, at 11:00am ET
Closes: Wednesday, April 5, 2017, at 2:00pm ET
Sponsor shall conduct a random drawing from eligible participants (see “How to Enter” below) within seventy-two (72) hours from the end of the Sweepstakes Period to select the winner(s) (if any) of the Sweepstakes prize. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason, and to hold Sweepstakes drawings at its sole discretion.
- How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, entrant must follow @PriceIsRight Twitter account, tag @PriceIsRight Twitter account, and tweet to @PriceIsRight from a valid, authorized Twitter account including the hashtag #SociallyAwesomeTPIR during the Sweepstakes Period. If your tweet (i) does not tag @priceisright, (ii) does not use the hashtag #SociallyAwesomeTPIR or (iii) is not posted to Twitter per the instructions, it will not be considered to be submitted in the Sweepstakes.
There is no fee associated with setting up an account on Twitter. To enter, participants must sign in to their account. Each account may enter one (1) time per the Sweepstakes Period. Entries generated by use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) shall be automatically disqualified.
- In the event more than one (1) entry is received from any one person or Twitter account per Sweepstakes Period, the first entry received (as determined by Twitter time-stamping) will be considered the only valid entry received for the Sweepstakes Period for the applicable person or account. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account that tweeted. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the Twitter account by email, or other account validation method used by Twitter. Any potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries that are incomplete or corrupted are void. Sponsor is not liable for late or misdirected entries.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Sweepstakes entries received and total number of prizing games won by contestants during Episode 7893K of THE PRICE IS RIGHT. The winner(s) (if any) will be selected within seventy-two (72) hours of the end of the Sweepstakes Period, and will win one (1) prize package per winner.
- Winner Requirements & Verification: Potential winners will be contacted, by Sponsor via the Twitter messaging system, and potential winner must respond to such message within forty-eight (48) hours of Sponsor’s first attempt to contact him/her in order to be eligible to claim the prize. Sponsor may request information from the potential winner to confirm preliminary eligibility. If a potential winner is deemed potentially eligible based on the preliminary questions, Sponsor will send an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and, unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release form (“Affidavit/Release”) to the potential winner by email or facsimile to be executed and returned by email or facsimile within forty-eight (48) hours from the delivery of Sponsor’s email or facsimile. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within the specified time after the first attempt to contact him/her, if he/she fails to execute and return the Affidavit/Release within applicable indicated time period, or if he/she is otherwise ineligible to receive the prize, that potential winner will be deemed ineligible and an alternate prize winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible Sweepstakes entries received. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, statements and other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world in perpetuity without additional prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review. Limit: One (1) prize per person/email address or household.
- Prize / Approximate Retail Value / Prize Restrictions
Prize – $1000.00 USFD cash
Prize may not be transferred or assigned. Winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes (not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on prize and will be required to provide his/her Social Security number or tax ID# for tax reporting purposes. Sponsor will file where required an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for the fair market value of prize.
- General Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. Entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and city and state address for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless FremantleMedia North America, Inc., Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter, and their respective related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective agents and agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Internet: Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in and/or in connection with this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, malware, spyware, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date.
- Disputes / Dispute Resolution / Governing Law: Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California, located in Los Angeles, CA; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to claim and/or obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby expressly waives all rights to punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than State of California.
- This event is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
- Sweepstakes Results and Official Rules: Winner List requests will only be accepted up to three (3) weeks after the Sweepstakes Period expires. For a copy of the Winner List, send an email with subject line: “Winners List THE PRICE IS RIGHT® Socially Awesome 2017 $1000 Giveaway Sweepstakes” to FMNAlegal@fremantlemedia.com.